Book Haul No. 24

Hey Everyone,

How are you?

I hope you are enjoying the sun as much as I have been. Work has been very busy and I have accumulated a lot of books...again.

I was meant to do a Kindle purchase book haul at the beginning of June but I forgot to do it, sorry.





It's a mix of books that I got last month. I wanted to get back into Cameron Jace for a while I am glad that I got the rest of The Grimm Diaries series, including the prequels which I stupidly forgot to include and I also wanted the fifth book in the Mad in Wonderland series.

I enjoyed reading One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid and I wanted to pick up her other books but I didn't want to go through the whole purchase of getting the books in paperbacks so I chose to get it on Kindle.

I had wanted to pick up The Jane Austen Club and The Witches of Eastwick for quite some time and I couldn't get John Updike's book in physical form so I got it on Kindle. As for Hunted by Meagan Spooner, I have heard good things about this book, I have also got it in Audible which is ok if I feel like doing something different.


I have been aware of Neil Gaiman's work for years and I have been reluctant to pick up any of his books until I saw American Gods. A friend recommend the show to me and I started watching it without knowing the plot but OH MY GOD! I loved it. I also got Stardust because I saw the movie and found it to be pretty good and I was interested in picking up the book, to see if there is a difference. I also got Coraline because it's one of Gaiman's most known books and I've wanted to know what the hype is about. 


I don't know what it is about WHSmith but every time I go in there I seem to pick out a George R. R. Martin book. Now I haven't picked up Game of Thrones and I have already purchased the second book, I don't know what it is but my kryptonite might be pretty covers on books or maybe it is because I prefer the new covers compared to the older one.

I got The Black Prism because I saw this book on Reagan's Youtube Channel, Peruse Project. She loves fantasy novels so whenever I want to find a new fantasy read I know I can find some good books through her channel.

I already own Nevernight in hardback but when I saw the paperback version I picked it up straight away. 


After reading Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman I knew I had to try out some of her other work and I stumbled upon The Story Sisters. 

I have read The Bride Quartet by Nora Roberts years ago and I would like to venture into other Nora Roberts books. Even though I got Blue Dalia a couple of months back but I have already given the book away. I think I will like The Obsession more.


I actually got these books for 60p, EACH!, I am starting to get into historical fiction and when I saw these two books I thought why not try some Roman Historical Fiction. 

And that concludes my haul. Most of the books I got in June but four of them I got this month. I did purchase some books through Bookdepository but I won't be getting them at the end of the month, they are coming all the way from Australia and so it's going to take a while. 

I hope you are having a lovely day

XX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)

Time To Open New Doors + Book Haul