Book Review | The Inn at Eagle Point by Sheryl Woods AND The Forever House by Veronica Henry

Hey Everyone,

Two book reviews in one! What's going on?

The truth is I am a little behind on my book reviews. I have been so busy this last month that I haven't been able to have enough time to do book reviews, so I thought I would mash them up together. And also, I find it difficult to critique over chick-lit books because I have read so many that they pretty much have the same feeling each time I've finished them.


The Inn At Eagle Point by Sheryl Woods

It's been years since Abby O'Brien Winters set foot in Chesapeake Shores. The Maryland town her father built has too many sad memories and Abby too few spare moments, thanks to her demanding Wall Street career, the crumbling of her marriage and energetic daughters. Then one panicked phone call from her youngest sister brings her racing back home to protect Jess's dream of renovating the charming Inn at Eagle Point. 

But saving the inn from foreclosure means dealing not only with her own fractured family, but also with Trace Riley, the man Abby left ten years ago. Trace can be a roadblock to her plans…or proof that second chances happen in the most unexpected ways.


Published: 2009
Published Edition: March 2016
Publishers: Mira
Genre: Romance, Chick-Lit

Pages: 400

Form of Reading: Mass Market Paperback

Goodreads Star Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Review

I picked this book up because of the Hallmark TV Series with Jesse Metcalfe and Meghan Ory. I have seen the first series on Netflix and I wanted to read the book. I did get the book on my Kindle but I didn't feel like reading the book on there and decided to get the paperback.

I enjoyed the rekindled relationship between Abby and Trace. Trace is determined to keep Abby in Chesapeake Shores is a lot difficult than he originally planned. Although I don't think that you actually learn why they broke up and her leaving the town to New York. I liked them rekindling their friendship and into a romantic relationship. But the only person who is trying to force his way into the relationship a lot harder is Abby's ex-husband, you learn in the book how much of a horrible husband he was to Abby and even still after the divorce, he is still forcing his opinion about Abby and their daughters. Wes was just an annoying person who only cared about his relationship with his girlfriend and trying to get the girls to live with him than Abby, I felt that he was just selfish for himself.

I really enjoyed this book, I already have purchased the second book and I will probably pick it up soon.


The Forever House by Veronica Henry

The house of your dreams. But can this dream last forever?
Hunter's Moon is the ultimate 'forever' house. Nestled by a river in the Peasebrook valley, it has been the Willoughbys' home for over fifty years, and now estate agent Belinda Baxter is determined to find the perfect family to live there. But the sale of the house unlocks decades of family secrets - and brings Belinda face to face with her own troubled past.

Published: May 2017
Publishers: Orion
Genre: Chick-Lit, Fiction

Pages: 384

Form of Reading: Paperback

Goodreads Star Rating: ⭐⭐⭐

Review

I really loved How To Fall In Love In A Bookshop last year and when I saw The Forever House, I thought I would love it. I did love, don't be fooled by the star rating.

I found the book following the Willougby family from the 1960s and the present day to be very interesting although it is nice to see the two different perspectives of Hunters Moon, I honestly wish that there could be more development especially with the relationships between Alexander and Sally and Belinda and Leo. I felt the focus was either about selling Hunter's Moon or about the Willoughby family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kill Me, Heal Me

Movies I Have Watched, Mention in Gilmore Girls (Day 6)

Time To Open New Doors + Book Haul