Book Haul No. 25

Hey Everyone,

How are you?

Yet, another book haul. But it was also my birthday in July so I was expecting to be purchasing a lot of books. But recently I have come to the realisation that I have too many books that are unread and decided to stop buying books. I know that I have made a declaration countless of times to stop buying books but lately, I haven't been going into a bookshop and coming home with stacks of books. I think it is mainly because I have no space for my books in my room because it is the smallest room in the house and it's very difficult to find space for my other books and also any miscellaneous things in my room.

I have a total of 17 books to share with you so let's get to it.





I cannot remember where I heard about The Lonely Hearts Hotel, might be from Savidge Reads on Youtube. And I heard about it and immediately added it to my Goodreads TBR. I have had been wanting Norse Mythology ever since I first heard about it, even though I haven't picked up a Neil Gaiman book I have high hopes for this book based on the positive reviews that I have heard. I adored On the Other Side and I was very excited for her next book to be released, it was even released on my birthday, I love the book especially what you take off the dust jacket.




I think the reason why I keep buying these books is that of the show coming back, which has been absolutely amazing and I am looking forward to the next episode.




I had heard about The Lies of Locke Lamora a few times on Youtube but it had never occurred to me to even pick up the book. I overheard these two guys talking about the book and said it was really good, just after they left I ended up picking it up and purchasing it. I haven't picked up The Flash book yet and I have already purchased the second on in the duology. 




I actually got The Wise Man's Fear from someone who didn't want it anymore, he enjoyed the book and thought it would be easier to give it to me than give it away to charity. Another friend told me about IT and that his daughter (she's 19, I think) read this massive book in about a week. 




I tried to get the hardback edition like Rebecca for My Cousin Rachel but it wasn't in stock in Waterstones and I also really liked the cover of this book and decided to get it. I had heard about Vinegar Girl last year I think and I knew it was a retelling of Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare but it was the hardback cover that I was familiar with and didn't think what the paperback edition would look like.





What is a book haul without any Penguin English Library Classics? I got these on Book Depository with two other books that I forgot to get a picture of. I have always been curious to pick up Dickens but I wasn't sure which one I should get. I haven't picked up books by E.M.Forster but I am intrigued about when I do pick them up. And I really enjoyed North and South, so I was already looking for Wives and Daughters.

The book I forgot to include are both by Sheryl Woods, the first book is The Inn at Eagle Point which I have already done a book review of recently. And the second book in the series, Flowers on Main.



I got this book from the Magic Chest subscription box. I hadn't done a subscription box before and I found this one to be interesting but I've already decided that subscription boxes are not for me.

And that concludes my book haul if you have read any of these books let me know what you thought of them.

I hope you are having a lovely day

Comments

Popular Posts